McLaren has announced Carlos Sainz Jr will race for it in the 2019 Formula 1 season, replacing the outgoing Fernando Alonso. As reported by Autosport, Sainz emerged as a favoured choice by McLaren as it assessed its options for 2019, when it will lose two-time world champion Alonso from its F1 line-up. McLaren has now […]

Read more

Shell V-Power Racing and Triple Eight have switched roles this year, in having “one eye on the future and one eye on the present”, Ryan Story notes. Story’s squad is mounting a title bid through Scott McLaughlin in the final season of the Ford Falcon, while playing a key role in developing the Mustang package replacing […]

Read more

McLaren will reportedly confirm Carlos Sainz as Fernando Alonso’s replacement before the end of this week. Earlier this week Alonso announced he was quitting Formula 1 at the end of this season. The double World Champion, who has yet to confirm his 2019 plans, did leave the door open for a possible return to McLaren should the team get it […]

Read more

McLaren is working on a plan to enter IndyCar full-time with double Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso in 2019, according to series chief Mark Miles. Alonso announced on Tuesday that he would not compete in F1 in 2019, but left the door open for a return to grand prix racing should McLaren regain competitiveness. Having won […]

Read more

The double world champion has said that he won’t be competing in F1 next year, although he might be open to a return in the future. It’s happened – Fernando Alonso has announced that he’s won’t be racing in F1 next season. The announcement came after a few days of hype building on Twitter. There’s […]

Read more

Matt Stone Racing’s frustrating debut main game season with its Ford Falcon reached a tipping point at Queensland Raceway last month. Team owner Stone says being beaten in the Sunday race at the Coates Hire Ipswich SuperSprint by a VF-model Holden wildcard was the final trigger for dramatic change. MSR subsequently elected to not only […]

Read more

Bidding wars and race drivers are rarely used in the same sentence – especially when we’re talking IndyCar drivers. A handful make decent money, a few others do OK, and then there’s a group that takes a percentage from its sponsorship to stay alive. But because of the expense of operating an IndyCar along with […]

Read more

Scott Dixon is staying with Chip Ganassi for 2019. RACER has learned the official announcement of the four-time IndyCar champion’s return for his 18th year with Ganassi will be made Monday morning and a teleconference is set for 2 p.m. ET. The 38-year-old Kiwi had been heavily pursued by Zak Brown and Michael Andretti for […]

Read more

Season 2018 may be only just past its halfway point, but the stage is already set for a title showdown between Scott McLaughlin and Shane van Gisbergen. The two young Kiwis have been the class of the field throughout the year to date, taking 16 of 21 ARMOR ALL Poles and 12 of 21 race […]

Read more

Erebus Motorsport and Garry Rogers Motorsport have confirmed their driver pairings for the PIRTEK Enduro Cup. Both squads announced their line-ups last summer without set pairings, despite both appearing to have logical partnerships. Erebus has now confirmed that its 2017 Bathurst winning duo David Reynolds and Luke Youlden will not be split, leaving Anton De […]

Read more